Emotional health is as important as physical health. The mind has a powerful influence over the body.
Life’s challenges can seem overwhelming at times. Learn to recognize when you are feeling overwhelmed. Examine why you are feeling overwhelmed.
Make a list of things that you can do or eliminate to make your life more manageable. Here are a few suggestions.
- Prioritize the responsibilities in your life
- Take one thing at a time
- Learn to say “no” to activities that you really don’t want to do
- Avoid the tendency to feel guilty if you decline an invitation, a function, or a volunteer activity
- Continue those hobbies that you enjoy and that relieve your stress level
- Exercise regularly
- Eat a balanced diet and avoid excessive caffeine or alcohol
- Talk with your friends about your feelings
- Talk to a mental health professional if you remain overwhelmed and need assistance in finding balance and well-being