Mayor Teresa Jacobs is hosting her first Mayor’s Health Summit.
Renaissance Senior Center
3800 S Econlockhatchee Trail
The Mayor’s Health Summit will focus on prevention and healthy living, and will offer information and resources to support a healthier lifestyle. Throughout our life, but especially as we age, it becomes more important to keep track of vital health statistics, including heart health measures, blood pressure, cholesterol levels, BMI and more – all with the focus of reducing serious health risks that can develop as we grow older. In addition to offering access to these tests, the Mayor’s Health Summit will also offer onsite mammograms, healthy cooking demonstrations, and 30-minute information sessions on diabetes, colon, breast and cervical cancer.
The Mayor’s Health Summit is open to the public, and admission is free.
Mammograms are by appointment only with advance scheduling available at 407-303-1615. While registering in advance is not necessary, it does help the Mayor’s Office as they try to anticipate the crowd size.
- Weblink for information is – http://www.orangecountyfl.net/tabid/2643/default.aspx
- Flyer in English is – Mayor’s Health Summit Flyer
- Flyer in Spanish is – Mayor’s Health Summit Flyer (Spanish)
A draft list of vendors includes:
- Alzheimer’s Dementia Resource Center
- Center for Change, Inc.
- Central Florida AHEC IQuit Tobacco Program
- Florida Blue
- Florida Hospital Community Impact
- Florida Hospital East Orlando
- Florida Hospital Fit Kids
- Florida Hospital for Women Mobile Wellness Services
- Hispanic Health Initiative
- Nemours Children’s Health System
- Orange County Drug Free Office
- Orange County EMS/Mosquito Control
- Orange County Office on Aging
- Orange County Parks & Recreation
- Orlando Health Ctr for Aging & Memory Disorder Clinic
- Orlando Health Healthy U Fitness Center
- Orlando Health ORMC Laboratory
- Orlando Health Rehab. Institute w/ORMC Neuro
- Primary Care Access Network
- Social Security Administration
- UF Health Cancer Center – Orlando Health
- UF/IFAS Extention Family Nutrition Program
- Victim Service Center of Central Florida, Inc.
- Women’s & Girls’ Cancer Alliance