Combating social isolation by creating meaningful relationships with seniors and connecting them to resources in our community
Heart 2 Heart: Telephone Reassurance Program
Heart 2 Heart is a free service provided by Senior Resource Alliance that connects older adults who live alone, are homebound, or are self-isolating due to COVID 19 with caring and compassionate volunteers. The participant will receive weekly calls at a scheduled time from volunteers to have a friendly conversation and refer to select resources in their community. Participants also have the opportunity to opt into safety checks if they do not answer the phone at their scheduled time. The program’s goal is to combat social isolation and help those that want to age independently in their home and will do so by lending a listening ear, a friendly voice, and emotional support.
Know a senior that would enjoy receiving phone calls?
- Senior is 60 or older
- Lives alone, homebound and/or social distancing due to COVID 19
- Resides on Brevard, Orange, Osceola, or Seminole county
If you are interested, please contact Irene De La Cruz at 407-514-1806, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or click here to complete the Online Application
Would you like to participate as an H2H Volunteer?
- 18 and older
- Want to create a meaningful and positive friendship with a senior over the phone
- Willing to commit to call a senior at least once a week for a minimum of 3 months
- Has internet access and a basic knowledge of computers and data entry
If you are interested, please contact Irene De La Cruz at 407-514-1806, email email@example.com, or click here to complete the Online Volunteer Application